Subscribe to The Adaptive Zone Podcast…
Symptoms of perimenopause can start as early as your 30s. They can include irregular periods, hot flashes, sleep problems, mood changes, bladder problems, decreasing fertility, changes in sexual function, reduced bone density and a whole host of other issues. Pelvic Health Physiotherapist, Michelle Lyons, joins me on the show today to discuss the specific problems that might be affecting runners and how they can reduce the impact of the hormonal changes that occur during this transitional period.
Follow Michelle Lyons
More from Michelle
- Endometriosis with physiotherapist Michelle Lyons on The Pelvic Health Podcast
- Menstrual health: The 5th vital sign with Michelle Lyons on The At Your Cervix Podcast
Perimenopause in Runners
Click on the link to jump to that section of the video…
- 00:00:00 Introduction
- 11:40:02 When does perimenopause start?
- 16:18:11 What are the symptoms of perimenopause?
- 22:42:05 Can perimenopause cause belly fat?
- 28:54:02 Why is it hard to sleep in perimenopause?
- 36:26:19 Mood changes in perimenopause
- 40:06:08 Who do I talk to about perimenopause?
- 45:51:06 Hormone Therapy in perimenopause