Subscribe to The Adaptive Zone Podcast…
In this episode, Matthew Boyd shares his approach to setting goals for the year using the Four Buckets framework. The four buckets represent health, wealth, contribution, and connection. Matthew emphasizes the importance of consciously deciding where to allocate one’s energy and avoiding activities that drain energy.
He discusses his goals for each bucket, including helping injured runners get back to running, fostering a community among clients, investing in his business, and maintaining his own health. Matthew also opens up about his personal struggle with alcohol and his goal to improve his relationship with it. He encourages listeners to set their running goals within the context of their whole lives and seek support to achieve them.
- Use the Four Buckets framework to set goals for the year, focusing on health, wealth, contribution, and connection.
- Consciously decide where to allocate your energy and avoid activities that drain energy.
- Set goals that align with your values and consider the constraints of your life.
- Seek support and resources to help you achieve your goals.
- 00:00 Introduction and Background
- 02:03 Setting Goals with the Four Buckets Framework
- 04:38 Contribution Bucket
- 09:30 Connection Bucket
- 14:25 Wealth Bucket
- 20:51 Health Bucket
- 25:00 Improving Relationship with Alcohol
- 29:28 Conclusion and Call to Action
If you have big running goals for 2024 and you want expert guidance to make sure you hit them, we can help. Just click the button below to book a free call…