Some common mistakes runners make when carb loading for marathons include focusing too much on the night before, including foods that contain high amounts of fat and trying to eat more food overall – rather than just more carbs.
In today’s episode, Endurance Sports Dietician Stephanie Small will walk us through the nuance of carb loading for half marathons, marathons and ultra-marathons.
Subscribe to The Adaptive Zone Podcast…
Carb Loading for Marathons
- 00:00:00 Introduction
- 04:00:23 What is Carb Loading?
- 05:30:15 Is Carb Loading for all race distances?
- 07:24:08 How much carbohydrate for carb loading?
- 09:45:08 Do runners do Carb Loading well?
- 13:12:19 What foods are good for Carb Loading?
- 16:29:25 Can I use junk food for carb loading?
- 24:56:20 Should I take a gel at the start line?
Connect with Steph
- Website: StephanieSmallCoaching.com
- Instagram: stephaniesmall.rd
- Research Gate: Stephanie Small
More from Matthew Boyd Physio
- Free Online Course Running Fundamentals
- Subscribe to The Adaptive Zone Podcast
- Subscribe to The Adaptive Zone YouTube Channel
- Facebook @matthewboydphysio
- Instagram @matthewboydphysio