Subscribe to The Adaptive Zone Podcast…
In this episode, Matthew Boyd interviews Bridget Bohannon, a runner who experienced knee pain and sought solutions to get back to running. Bridget shares her background as a runner and the troubles she faced with knee discomfort. She discusses her previous attempts at physical therapy and the frustration of not seeing progress. Bridget then explains how she found hope and a new approach through working with Matthew. She describes the progress she has made in her running and her plans for the future. Overall, Bridget’s story highlights the importance of finding the right treatment and maintaining hope in the face of setbacks.
- Finding the right treatment approach is crucial for overcoming running injuries.
- A lack of progress can lead to pessimism and a loss of hope, but it’s important to keep searching for solutions.
- A comprehensive approach that includes strength training, gait analysis, and gradual running progression can lead to significant improvements.
- Having a supportive coach and a structured plan can help runners regain confidence and achieve their running goals.
- 00:00 Introduction and Background
- 03:06 Troubles with Running
- 08:36 Diagnosis and Treatment
- 11:56 Lack of Progress and Pessimism
- 15:44 Finding Hope and a New Approach
- 23:25 Progress and Recovery
- 27:24 Working Towards Future Goals
- 32:39 Conclusion and Hope for the Future