Hansons Marathon Method
Hansons Marathon Method tosses out mega-long runs and high-mileage weekends—two old-fashioned running traditions that often injure and discourage runners. Runners using the Hansons method will gradually build-up to the moderate-high mileage required for marathon success, spreading those miles more sensibly throughout the week. Running easy days mixed with precisely paced speed, strength, and tempo workouts, runners will steel their bodies and minds to run the hardest final miles of the marathon—and finish strong.lukehumphreyrunning.com
Subscribe to The Adaptive Zone Podcast…
Planning on doing a Marathon this year?
If so, you’re going to love this episode. Luke Humphrey, Running Coach and the Author of Hansons Marathon Method joins me on the show today to tell us all about this novel approach to marathon training.
Essentially, this method of marathon training involves running more throughout the week but keeping the weekend run shorter than most programs. Spreading the mileage more evenly across the week and focussing on cumulative fatigue in order to get the training adaptations needed to run your best marathon. There is also a focus on running by pace rather than perceived effort or heart rate.
Learn more about Hansons Marathon Method
- Website: lukehumphreyrunning.com
- Podcast: Luke Humphrey Running Podcast
- Facebook: @Luke Humphrey Running
- Instagram: @lukehumphreyhmm
Discussed in the episode
- 00:00:00 Is a Marathon long-run necessary?
- 00:05:52 Overview
- 00:24:46 Six Runs a Week for Marathon Training
- 00:32:11 Cumulative Fatigue in Marathon Training
- 00:35:30 Is this method better than traditional programs?
Learn with Matthew Boyd Physio
- Free Online Course Running Fundamentals
- Subscribe to The Adaptive Zone Podcast
- Subscribe to The Adaptive Zone YouTube Channel
- Facebook @matthewboydphysio
- Instagram @matthewboydphysio
Work with Matthew Boyd Physio