Subscribe to The Adaptive Zone Podcast…
Are you confused by Training Zones? Me too!
There are many different systems out there that you can use to determine your training zones. These can be based on heart rate, pace, power, speed, effort. There are systems with 2 zones, 3 zones, 5 zones, 7 zones and even 11 zones! How are we to make sense of this?
Well, we need to ask the question, what do all of these zones have in common? What are the primary physiological markers that these zones use as a starting point? My guest today is an expert on this topic. Nick Jankovskis is a Sports Scientist with a fantastic YouTube channel through which he shares his vast knowledge of physiology in easy-to-understand bite-sized videos.
Nick joins me on the show today to help us make some sense of heart rate, pace and power zones and how we can use them to maximize the effectiveness of our training.
DIscussed in this episode
- What are heart rate, pace and power zones?
- What are the benefits of using them?
- What is VO2 max?
- What is the Lactate Threshold?
- How do you determine an athlete’s zones?
- How could an athlete determine their own zones?
More about Training Zones
- Instagram: @nj_sportscience
- Website: nickjankovskis.com
- YouTube: Nick Jankovskis
- Podcast: Physiology Secrets (@metsperformance)
- Instagram: @matthewboydphysio
- Facebook: @matthewboydphysio
- Twitter: @mboydphysio
- YouTube: Matthew Boyd